- Steve served on the Executive Team and worked extensively with the CEO and COO of this premier $20M national social venture organization.
- Created a new performance management system that exceeded organizational goals and was embraced by staff.
- Originated and implemented a process that accelerated and improved decisions while boosting employee morale and ownership.
- Designed and implemented new compensation system and diversity training.
- As CEO, Steve established a new board of directors, launched the first fundraising program, and upgraded all marketing assets for this nonprofit formed to create effective community service and cause marketing programs at Silicon Valley startups.
OPPORTUNITY: Need to provide talented and energetic leaders with decision-making opportunities so organizational objectives can be better achieved.
SOLUTION: Multi-day hands-on, experiential training session for the top 25 leaders in the organization.
IMPACT: Crucial decisions were distributed to these leaders and they were empowered to make decisions. Greater focus for the CEO. A common decision-making language was established which enabled the team to speak without fear.
Rapid Growth & Restructuring
OPPORTUNITY: New offices opening in two cities. Leadership needed to realign roles and free themselves from daily tasks to lead the expansion properly.
SOLUTION: Hands-On Program with Executive Director and Deputy Director.
IMPACT: These leaders defined the 37 key decisions needed to scale the organization. Developed game plan with clear responsibilities.
OPPORTUNITY: Create more empowered and diverse leaders within the Tipping Point community.
SOLUTION: One day hands-on, experiential training session for 20 Tipping Point grantees.
IMPACT: Attendees were exposed to a common decision-making language and method which they could bring back to their organizations.
OPPORTUNITY: Organization growing quickly. Executive Director wanted to focus decision-making with new senior team and boost cohesion and accountability.
SOLUTION: Hands-On Program with Executive Director and senior team that included a Train the Trainer module which used a Decision-Clarity Facilitator to continue the work in-house.
IMPACT: 85 program and operational decisions. Team adopted Decision Clarity language, staff continues to take active role in decision-making so Executive Director can focus.